Housing | Miami University
Advanced Search    

Housing



Picture of BIS-front

Bishop Hall

Bishop Hall was built in 1911-12 as Miami's second women's residence hall. A full building renovation was completed in 2013. The hall was named after Miami University's first president, Robert Hamilton Bishop who held office from 1824 to 1841. From the time it was built, portions of Bishop were used as a hospital and in 1918 the whole building was needed due to the influenza epidemic. Today, the hall houses upper-class students. Bishop Hall is located on central quad and is conveniently close to King Library and is across the quad from Bell Tower Place in Ogden Hall. All rooms are equipped with: twin-XL mini-loft style beds (80" x 36" mattress size), desks, ergonomic chairs, dressers, window shades, ceiling lights, and small trash cans.

Bishop Hall
Miami University
300 East Spring Street
Oxford, OH  45056

Building amenities include...
Cold Beverage & Snack Vending
Kitchenette
Living Room
Piano
Pool Table
Study
TV
TV & Recreation Room
Air-conditioned

Floor Plan of Bishop Hall floor 0
Floor Plan of Bishop Hall floor 1
Floor Plan of Bishop Hall floor 2
Floor Plan of Bishop Hall floor 3