Heritage Commons Fisher Hall, built in 2005, was the second building on campus to take its name. In 1925 a building was purchased and remodeled to fit the needs of a residence hall. It was named for Judge Elam Fisher, class of 1870, an Eaton attorney and businessman, who served as trustee from 1887-1923. The building was deemed unsafe and the first floor was used as the Miami University Theatre, which closed soon after the Center for Performing Arts was completed in 1968. The new Fisher Hall is one of six apartment-style living accommodations. It is housing for upper class and graduate students. Each of the eighteen apartment units consists of four private bedrooms, two bathrooms, and kitchen, dining, and living spaces. Fisher Hall shares a laundry facility with one other apartment building. A central community building provides a central social space as well as a mailroom, vending, and restrooms. It is conveniently located beside the REC Center and is close to Harris Dining Hall, an all you care to eat location.
Heritage Commons - Fisher Hall