Report a lost card 24 hours a day(Miami login required)More details (PDF)
Register your cell phone to open your door with a text message
Open your room door from a smart phone
The Miami University ID card is for students, faculty, staff, and community members.
It is used for:
Submit Your ID Card Photo
- access to residence halls and most administrative and academic buildings on campus
- purchases at campus locations including, but not limited to: the Shriver Center Bookstore, Rec Center Pro Shop, Shriver Center Box Office, and Goggin Ice Center
- meal plan purchases on the Oxford campus
- purchases at various food service locations on the Oxford campus as well as Hawk Haven on the Middletown campus
- copiers and printers on the Oxford, Middletown, and Hamilton campuses
- Print Center on the Oxford Campus
- on-campus laundry facilities
- vending on the Oxford and Middletown campuses
- paying for the parking garage on the Oxford campus
- online access to detailed account information at www.MiamiOH.edu/MyCard
- the university is not responsible for damages resulting from the loss, theft, or misuse of the card. You should carry your ID card at all times. Unauthorized use of the card may result in criminal charges and university disciplinary action.
For your safety and security, we strongly encourage new students to submit a photo for their Miami ID Card prior to visiting campus for Orientation. First-year students who submit their ID card photo online will receive their ID Card during Orientation in June.
Please read these guidelines to make sure your picture will be accepted
- Picture is for identification purposes
- Must be taken within the last six months to reflect your current appearance
- Must be at least 300x300 pixels
- You may only upload .jpg images
- Must be looking straight at the camera. (No side profiles!)
- Must be a plain white or off-white background
- No borders on the photo
- There should be a small space between your head and the top of the image, as well as a definite contrast between you and the background
- Must be in color. Black and white photos are not accepted
- No red eye or flash reflection on glasses or contact lenses
- No hats, sunglasses, jewelry, or garments of any sort that obstruct the view of your face
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons
- No headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items
- Copy written photos are not permitted
Student ID Cards
- Miami’s ID Card Office reserves the right to refuse any photos that do not meet these requirements
- Photo submissions are manually reviewed and can take up to two business days to be processed
- You will receive an email notification regarding the status of your photo submission. If you photo is rejected, we ask that you submit another photo
- If you have any difficulty meeting any of these guidelines, please contact the ID Card Office @ HOME@MiamiOH.edu
- Submit your ID card photo by logging into WebCardCenter
Miami University ID cards are typically issued to incoming students during Summer Orientation, which takes place during June. Transfer students receive their cards during Transfer Student Orientation, which is scheduled immediately before the beginning of each term. New graduate students can visit the ID office in 111 Shriver Center.
Faculty/Staff ID Cards
All employees are entitled to a Miami University ID Card. To obtain an ID card, bring your Personnel-issued card to 111 Shriver Center. Your picture will be taken, and you will be issued an ID card.
Community Member ID Cards
Community Member cards are issued to provide access to the Recreation Center. These cards are issued when a person joins the Recreation Center or enrolls in a fitness class. Community Member cards are created at the Recreation Sports Center Pro Shop.
If you lose your Miami ID card...
Replacement Card Fee
- Please refer to the normal lockout procedures (information is posted in your residence hall), especially the process of using WebCardCenter or texting Open MyDoor
- Replacement ID cards may be obtained at the Office of Housing Options, Meals & Events (HOME) in Shriver Center, room 111. Regular operating hours are Monday through Friday from 8am - 5pm. Summer hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. After hours replacement cards are available through the Pulley Diner at the Armstrong Student Center from 5:00pm – 8: 00am, Monday – Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday during the academic year.
- During break periods (Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring) temporary access cards can be obtained from the front desk of The Marcum Hotel and Conference Center (351 N. Fisher Drive).
- During the summer, temporary access cards can be obtained from the front desk of The Marcum Hotel and Conference Center (351 N. Fisher Drive) from 4:30pm – 7:30am, Monday – Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Lost replacement ID cards are issued for a $35.00 fee, damaged ID cards are issued for a $10.00 fee. The fee may be charged to your Bursar account. Replacement ID cards may be obtained at the Office of Housing Options, Meals & Events (HOME) in Shriver Center, room 111. Regular operating hours are Monday through Friday from 8am - 5pm. Summer hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm. After hours replacement cards are available through the Pulley Diner at the Armstrong Student Center from 5:00pm – 8:00am, Monday – Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday during the academic year.
If a Miami ID Card is lost or stolen, it should be reported immediately to: www.miamioh.edu/idcard or by calling (513)529-5678.
Why hassle with cash when you have MUlaa? The MUlaa account makes on-campus spending a breeze for students and parents. MUlaa is a debit account available to all current faculty, staff, and students. It can be used for a wide variety of purchases. Everyone has a MUlaa account, all you need to do to use it is deposit money into the account and use your Miami ID. Money in the MUlaa account remains active as long as the student is enrolled. Balance remaining at the time of withdrawal, transfer or graduation will be credited to the bursar account and applied to outstanding charges. Any remaining balance will be refunded.
MUlaa is currently accepted at
- On-line Bursar web payment
- Funds available for use in approximately 1 hour when deposited between 6am and 5pm
- On-campus dining locations
- Funds are available for use immediately
- HOME Office, 111 Shriver Center
- Funds are available for use immediately
- Value Transfer Stations (VTS) at King Library, Laws Hall Library ,Hughes Hall Copy Center and on the Hamilton and Middletown Campuses
- Funds are available for use immediately
MUlaa transactions can be viewed using MyCard Cardholder Statements
MyAccount statements include Diplomat & Miami Express accounts, "MUlaa" (Vending, Laundry, & other services) accounts and Faculty/Staff Payroll Deduction accounts. Statements are updated each Sunday afternoon to include the previous week's activity.
to see your cardholder statement
It's a flexible way to budget and track your dollars for off-campus spending.
You no longer need ATM cards, credit cards or cash: just your Miami University ID card. By depositing dollars into MUBucks, students can use their Miami One Card to make purchases at a variety of off-campus establishments. It is an easy and convenient way to provide your student with the money they need while in college!
Highlights of a MUBucks account
- Purchase food, school supplies, copies and much more!
- Alcohol purchases are prohibited
- Discounts, contest and giveaways
- Free movie rentals
- Convenient on-line deposits
- Receive an automatic e-mail when your students balance gets low
- It's easy. Make deposits via phone, internet, or mail
- Your student will only need one card - their Miami I.D.
- Provides peace of mind
- Carries over automatically from semester to semester
- Funds available throughout the school year - summer included!
Activate your account or increase your balance
- Dad, mom, grandma, grandpa can add money anytime, from anywhere.
- Use your card at your favorite Oxford businesses
- It's convenient - you only have to carry one card
- Your account remains active as long as it is used once every six months
Your MUBucks account is administered by Uptown Bucks LLC for Miami University
- Online at www.MUBucks.com by using a credit card or electronic check
- By visiting the office in Uptown Oxford (8 North Beech Street) and paying with cash, check or credit card.
- By calling the MUBucks office at 513-523-3663 and paying with a credit card or check over the phone.
All residence halls have Miami ID card readers installed. Access to buildings is limited through the use of the system.
Many academic buildings have control access via the Miami ID as well.
Miami ID's can be used to access
meal plan funds and privileges at on-campus dining locations.
Employee Time Entry
Kronos is used on campus to manage time entry (hours worked) for staff at Miami. Miami ID's are used to clock-in and clock-out at Kronos terminals.